Sunday, June 14, 2009

This is How the World Ends :: by Gregg Araki

Gregg Araki is one of my absolute favs. As a young queer experimental filmmaker, his work revolutionized my interests in film as a medium for radical expression and representation. Then he made a series of equally more captivating works, and I became obsessed, briefly.

I'd heard about this television pilot he made for, of all things, MTV. But, I had never seen it until today. It's wacky and weird. It's also clearly made for the tween mass market, which is honestly quite a turn off. Nevertheless, it has a lot of Araki hallmarks and as TV pilot is shorter than a full length feature.

I offer it here for your pleasure, curiosity, or perhaps revulsion.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Oh, no -- I can't believe I just watched that, did I really watch that -- wait, I just watched that -- are you serious?

Love --
mattilda

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home